| Franklin is a small mountain town surrounded by beautiful streams, waterfalls, mountains, hills and valleys. The people are friendly and organize lots of activities, including festivals and arts and crafts shows. There are plenty of trails for hiking and the views are breathtaking. There is also plenty of fishing, hunting, rafting and kayaking available. The Franklin area is the Gem Capitol of the World, so if you try your hand at mining you are bound to find many beautiful and sometimes very valuable stones.
This site serves residents, visitors and guests of Franklin, North Carolina. The information here will be updated on a regular basis with announcements and other events happening in and around Franklin. Town hall meeting agendas & minutes, town sign & zoning ordinances, the GIS and other useful information can also be found here.
- Town of Franklin Audit for 13/14 budget year Click here for report.
PUBLIC NOTICE: The Town of Franklin is soliciting sealed
bids for a commercial building and associated property. Located at 70 West Main Street in the Town of
Franklin, the property features just under 1,700 of interior space finished for
commercial use, bathroom and kitchen, and parking. The lot consists of .11 acres zoned C-2
Secondary Commercial with 50 feet of frontage on Main Street and Mill Street
and a driveway connecting both streets. Currently occupied by an at-will tenant.
The starting asking price for the property is $125,000.00. Interested parties may visit the property by
contacting Summer Woodard, Town Manager, at (828) 524-2516. Bidders may submit a sealed bid to Ms. Woodard
by 5 p.m. on Wednesday,
May 13, 2015. Bids will be
unsealed at that time, and the highest bidder will be required to deposit with the
Town an amount equal to or greater than 5% of the bid, which upon acceptance by
the Board of Aldermen shall be earnest money and shall be credited toward the
final purchase price. The Board of
Aldermen reserves the right to negotiate with bidders, and to reject all bids
at any time.
- The Town of Franklin has a job opening for Finance Officer.here.
- Town Manager's proposed budget and budget message for FY 2014-2015 is here.
- New Main Street website is here.
- Click here for TDA information and minutes.
- Town of Franklin Board of Aldermen 2015 Meeting Schedule here.
- Planning Board 2015 meeting schedule here.
- Board of Adjustment 2015 meeting schedule here.
- Public Notification of Industrial Users in significant violation of pretreatment standards here
- Main Street Program Master Plan - Click here (WARNING - This file is a 95MB pdf file)
- Employee Newsletter
- Vacancies on TDA board. Click here.
- Town of Franklin Collection System Annual Report FY 2012-2013
- Town of Franklin Wastewater Treatment System Annual Report FY 2012-2013
| Quick Links
| For the mobile version of our website go to mobile.franklinnc.com on your smartphone.