Additonal Franklin Events
Click here for Pickin on the Square.
March 29th & 30th - Franklin's April Fool's Trail Days - Come join in this celebration of the Appalachian Trail
- Friday & Saturday Night - Sapphire Inn - 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. - Waldroop Band, Talent Contest, Food
- Saturday –Downtown Franklin `- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Live Music, Food, Outdoor Exhibits. More info www.aprilfoolstraildays.com
April 6th - Tartan Day - A nationally recognized day commemorating the signing of the "Treaty of Arbroathe" for Scottish Independence in 1320. Tours of the Scottish Tartans Museum are free of charge on Tartan Day. Refreshments by the Friends of the Scottish Museum. Museum hours: 10 - 5. 88 East Main Street, Franklin. Gift Shop, Tartan display and handicapped entrance. For information contact 524-7472.
May 11th - "Airing of the Quilts" Mothers Day weekend
- Springtime meant that it was time for Spring cleaning and the "Airing of the Quilts" and other bed linens. On Saturday May 11, 2013 (Mother's Day weekend), we'd like to honor this tradition with a "Quilt Airing" of our own here in Macon County We invite you to participate by hanging quilts made by mom, grandma, and the other special women in your life, on porch railings, fences, businesses, and more. It's our hope that we can encourage visitors to travel all around Macon County looking for the quilts that are "airing," as well as for the quilt blocks that are a part of the Macon County Quilt Trail. Downtown Franklin will be alive with quilts and have a special celebration from 10-4.More information www.maconcountyquilttrail.com
June 15th - Taste of Scotland Weekend - Street festival with all things Scottish including entertainment, clans, authentic Scottish foods, music & dancing, Pipe & Drum Bands, parade, Border Collie demonstrations, crafts, shortbread contest, children’s Highland games and many other contests. Free Admission. 9am to 5pm. Click here for more information.
July 4 - 4th of July Parade and celebration in Historic Downtown Franklin 10am until 1 pm. Parade begins at 10:00 am
July 20 - 10th Annual Franklin Folk Festival - A celebration of Appalachian heritage in Downtown Franklin. Over 40 living exhibits of authentic mountain living, food, entertainment and more. Visit www.franklinfolkfestival.com.
October 25 & 26 - 17th Annual Pumpkin Fest
- October 25 - Hayrides from East Franklin Shopping Center from 3pm - 6pm, After School treats for the kids in East Franklin Shopping Center from 3pm - 5pm.
- October 26 - Street festival along Main Street with crafters, Famous Pumpkin Roll, Live Music all day, Pie Eating Contest, Games, Costume Contest and Parade along with Food. 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For more information go to www.pumpkinfestfranklin.com
November 11 - Veteran's Parade - Downtown Franklin 11 AM. Contact 828-524-2516 for more information
November 22 - Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony and Candlelight Service - Thanksgiving weekend on the Square in Downtown Franklin - 7pm - Free cider, cookies & music. www.holidaysinfranklin.com
November 23 - Cookies with Santa, little ones can enjoy Cookies with Santa in the lower level of Town hall. Be sure to bring your camera. For more information go to www.holidaysinfranklin.com
December 6th- Winter Wonderland - Franklin's Holiday Festival - Historic downtown Franklin will be changed into a Winter Wonderland. The event will be from 5:00 to 9:00 PM. Live music, Santa Clause, wagon rides. For more information go to www.holidaysinfranklin.com.
Schedule subject to change.
photos courtesy Linda Mathias